Here’s a selection of our frequently asked questions. If you don’t find the answers here, don’t hesitate to contact us!
- How do I place an order on the website?
- Can I pay by credit card or debit cart?
- Can I pay by PayPal?
- My credit card / debit card has been declined or rejected!
- What happens once my order is placed?
- How log will delivery take?
- Can I cancel my order?
- My wine is corked!
- Can I see orders that I’ve placed before?
- I need some advice about a wine!
- I want a wine but can’t find it on your website
Well to start, it’s against the law for us to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18, so please be 18 years or over before placing an order.
Making an order on the website is incredibly simple and very quick. We have a One Page Checkout, so you don’t waste time clicking through many screens.
1) Browse through our products list, and when you find a wine or spirit you’d like to purchase - simply click on the ‘Add to Basket’ button. You can then continue shopping or proceed to the Checkout.
2) To proceed through to the checkout simply click on the ‘Basket’ link at the top of the page or the ‘Checkout Now’ button on the left of the screen under the dropdown ‘Basket’.
3) If you don’t already have an account with us, enter your billing address (the address your credit card / debit card is registered to) and your Postage address (if different from the billing address).
You can then either register with the website or checkout as a guest. By registering with the website, we remember your address details for your next visit – which makes checkout far quicker next time! If you don’t want us to remember your details, check out as a guest.
If you already have an account with us, log in to the Basket to retrieve your billing and postage address.
4) Review the products in the basket, here you can delete products you do not wish to purchase or increase the quantity of the products.
5) Select your shipping method, here you can also select ‘Collect In Store’ if you want to collect your products from our shop in Upton.
6) Select your payment method. We accept PayPal, or VISA and Mastercard Credit / Debit Cards.
7) Once you’re happy with your order, click on the button ‘Check Out Now’ – You can only do this once you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions.
8) The Checkout will then check your order and the page will reload. Click on ‘Confirm Purchase’. Your order is then sent to us and you’ll receive confirmation that your order is complete.
Yes absolutely, we accept VISA and MasterCard on our site and our checkout is securely encrypted to protect your information.
Yes! We accept PayPal payment, if you already have an account simply sign in when prompted or you can create a new account from the PayPal payment confirmation screen.
This happens mostly when the ‘Billing address’ is incomplete or incorrect. The billing address must correspond to the address registered on your card (the address your statement arrives at), this is to protect against fraudulent transactions.
Cards will also be declined if the long number, expiry date or CCV (security code) is incorrect.
Finally, your card may have been declined because of insufficient funds etc. You should contact your bank if you suspect this may be the case.
Once your order is placed you’ll receive confirmation by email. If you have selected ‘Standard Delivery’ then we’ll contact you to confirm once your order has been dispatched.
If you’ve selected ‘Click and Collect’ then we’ll contact you once your order is ready for collection at our shop. Please bring your order number with you.
We use a courier to dispatch our products and we aim to have your order with you within 3 days of your order placement. This may take a little longer during busy periods (Christmas, Easter etc).
Yes, you can cancel your order up to 7 days after your order is placed. If your order has already been dispatched, you must return the item to us for a refund. We do not refund the cost of postage back to us. For more information see our Terms & Conditions and Deliver & Returns.
A corked wine does not mean that it has particles of cork floating in the bottle. 'Corked' is term for wine that has become contaminated by TCA (2,4,6-Trichloroanisole).
TCA is formed when natural fungi (which may reside in cork) come in contact with certain chlorides found in bleaches and other winery sanitation / sterilisation products. If a winery uses infected corks the wine may become tainted.
Whilst unpleasant to taste, cork taint is not in any way harmful to humans. Corked wines smell and taste of damp, soggy, wet, or rotten cardboard. Cork taint dulls the fruit in a wine, renders it lackluster and cuts the finish.
If you suspect your wine is corked, please send the bottle back to us with its contents for testing. If your wine is confirmed to be corked, we will either replace the item or refund your money within 2 weeks.
If you’ve created an account with us, simply log in and click ‘My Account’ then ‘My Orders’ to see all of the orders you’ve placed with us before.
If you haven’t created an account with us you’ll need to refer to the original confirmation email we had sent you. On the email is a link to view your order on our website with a password.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need advice about a wine, we’re always willing to help!
Not all of our wines in our shop are listed on the website. Why not give us a call – we may just have what you’re looking for!